Highlights of Operating Performance for FY2016 (fiscal year ended Mar. 31, 2017)
- Both ordinary revenues and ordinary profit increased year on year. Sony Assurance reached record high in ordinary revenues, ordinary profit and net income.
- Ordinary revenues expanded year on year, owing to an increase in net premiums written primarily for mainstay automobile insurance.
- Ordinary profit increased year on year, due mainly to a decline in provision for reserve for outstanding losses, an increase in underwriting profit and higher investment income, partially offset by an increase in operating expenses.
- Net income increased year on year, owing to the recording of a loss on disposal of software in progress as an extraordinary loss in FY2015, in addition to the increase in ordinary profit.
|For the years ended March 31|
|Net premiums written (Billions of yen)||83.5||88.6||91.7||95.5||100.2|
|Underwriting profit (Billions of yen)||1.3||1.8||3.0||3.4||3.0|
(Net loss ratio + Net expense ratio)(%)
|As of March 31|
|Number of policies in force (10,000 policies)||155||161||170||179||189|
* Figures less than the indicated unit have been truncated while ratios have been rounded.
* Net loss ratio = (Net losses paid + Loss adjustment expenses) / Net premium written
Net expense ratio = Expenses related to underwriting / Net premium written
Statements made in this website and in documents posted on this website concerning the current plans, expectations, strategies and beliefs of the Sony Financial Group. Any statements contained herein that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements or pro forma information. Forward-looking statements may include—but are not limited to—words such as “believe,” “anticipate,” “plan,” “strategy,” “expect,” “assume,” “forecast,” “predict,” “propose,” “intend” and “possibility” that describe future operating activities, business performance, events or conditions. Forward-looking statements, whether spoken or written, may also be included in other materials released to the public. These forward-looking statements and pro forma information are based on assumptions, decisions and judgments made by the management of Sony Financial Group companies, and are based on information that is currently available to them. As such, they are subject to various risks and uncertainties, and actual business results may vary substantially from the forecasts expressed or implied in forward-looking statements. Consequently, investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Sony Financial Group companies are under no obligation to revise forward-looking statements or pro forma information in light of new information, future events or other findings. The information contained in this website and in documents posted on this website does not constitute or form part of any offer for sale or subscription of or solicitation or invitation of any offer to buy or subscribe to any securities, nor shall it or any part of it form the basis of or be relied on in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever in Japan or abroad.
Please note that although Sony Financial Holdings and/or its subsidiaries have made careful efforts regarding the accuracy of the contents of this website and in documents posted on this website, Sony Financial Holdings and/or its subsidiaries assume no responsibility for problems including, but not limited to, incorrect information in such contents or documents or problems resulting from or in connection with downloading such contents or documents.