Sony Life (Non-consolidated)
Highlights of Operating Performance for FY2016 (fiscal year ended Mar. 31, 2017)
- Ordinary revenues increased year on year.
- Income from insurance premiums decreased led by a decline in sales of single premium products.
- Investment income increased due mainly to an increase in investment income in the separate account.
- Ordinary profit was flat year on year. This was due to positive factors, including a decline in the provision of policy reserves for minimum guarantees for variable life insurance owing to a lower acquisition of new policies and an improvement in market conditions, and an increase in profit from accumulated policies in force, were offset by such negative factors as a deterioration in net gains/losses on derivative transactions to hedge market risks related to minimum guarantees for variable life insurance and lower gains on sale of securities in the general account.
|For the years ended March 31|
|Income from insurance premiums (Billions of yen)||925.8||960.9||914.0||1,028.0||956.7|
|New policy amount (Billions of yen)||4,454.6||3,889.3||4,771.6||5,151.3||4,957.5|
|Number of new policies (10,000 policies)||62.0||53.3||60.6||62.9||51.3|
|Core profit (Billions of yen)||80.0||72.3||76.5||43.0||83.8|
|As of March 31|
|Policy amount in force (Trillions of yen)||37.7||39.0||40.9||43.1||45.3|
|Number of policies in force (10,000 policies)||604||633||667||704||730|
* Figures less than the indicated unit have been truncated.
Statements made in this website and in documents posted on this website concerning the current plans, expectations, strategies and beliefs of the Sony Financial Group. Any statements contained herein that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements or pro forma information. Forward-looking statements may include—but are not limited to—words such as “believe,” “anticipate,” “plan,” “strategy,” “expect,” “assume,” “forecast,” “predict,” “propose,” “intend” and “possibility” that describe future operating activities, business performance, events or conditions. Forward-looking statements, whether spoken or written, may also be included in other materials released to the public. These forward-looking statements and pro forma information are based on assumptions, decisions and judgments made by the management of Sony Financial Group companies, and are based on information that is currently available to them. As such, they are subject to various risks and uncertainties, and actual business results may vary substantially from the forecasts expressed or implied in forward-looking statements. Consequently, investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Sony Financial Group companies are under no obligation to revise forward-looking statements or pro forma information in light of new information, future events or other findings. The information contained in this website and in documents posted on this website does not constitute or form part of any offer for sale or subscription of or solicitation or invitation of any offer to buy or subscribe to any securities, nor shall it or any part of it form the basis of or be relied on in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever in Japan or abroad.
Please note that although Sony Financial Holdings and/or its subsidiaries have made careful efforts regarding the accuracy of the contents of this website and in documents posted on this website, Sony Financial Holdings and/or its subsidiaries assume no responsibility for problems including, but not limited to, incorrect information in such contents or documents or problems resulting from or in connection with downloading such contents or documents.